12/7 - All Newsletter Elective Students - Please Read
Try to have your story typed and sent to the email address below by today to include in our first edition!
Tips for everyone! Please read!
When someone reads a news story, they want to know as many answers to the 5 W's and H as they can! However, remember to write it out as sentences instead of a chart or list.
Interviews and Quotes: Did you make up questions and interview others? Don't include your questions in the story. Turn the quotes/answers into sentences that go along with your words to help tell about the event or subject you are writing about.
NAMES! Please ask Mrs. Hull if you need to double check the spelling of a student name. Make sure they are spelled correctly.
Great job everyone!
Navigator News - directions
- Write your news story answering as many of the “WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, and HOW” questions that you can about the topic. Use your fact sheet to help you.
- If you still need a question answered, try researching your question, asking the office, or asking a student without interrupting a class.
If you need to leave portable 1, you MUST sign out on the clipboard by the door and be back to portable 1 by 2:15.
- Type up your news story on your google docs. Your story should be no more than half a page long in a regular 12 pt. font.
- Proofread your story, and correct any errors, or make any revisions or improvements.
- Add a byline to the bottom of your story in this format:
First Name Last Name, Navigator News Reporter
- Then, submit your story to the editors by sharing your doc with:
Posted on Fri, December 7, 2018
by Holly Hull