Find a partner.
You have one class period (this class time only) to prepare a skit on this issue. You must include reasons from both sides (no matter how you both feel about the issue - you can act!) and counterarguments and a call to action from both sides. The full list of things to include on your script can be found below. This skit will be presented on Thursday, 3/15.
Write a script.
- 2-3 reasons from both sides presented
- evidence or examples to go with your reasons
- counterarguments for both sides
- a call to action for both sides
- creativity - but stay on topic!
- good presentation skills - be prepared!
Here's your list of issues. You may pick another issue if you get approval from Mrs. Hull.
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should schools start later in the morning?
- Should students have to wear uniforms?
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the driving age be raised to twenty-one?
- Should students be paid for having good grades?
- Should students have to pass a basic skills test to graduate high school?
- Should schools raise money by selling candy and sugary soft drinks to students?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks? ‘
- Should the city offer a bike-sharing program?
- Should people have to get a license to become parents?
- Should students be allowed to eat during class?
Posted on Wed, March 14, 2018
by Holly Hull