Persuasive Topics for speech
6th grade students:
You have your own thoughts and opinions about all of these topics! Choose one issue and go through all of the steps on your worksheet to fill it in for the issue you choose. You will then turn it into a speech to present to the class. Your audience will be your fellow 6th grade students! Have fun! (If you have another idea for an issue, please get approval from Mrs. Hull before completing your worksheet.)
- Should schools sell fast food?
- Should there be harsher punishments for bullying?
- When are you old enough to stay home alone?
- Should middle school students still have a bed time?
- How would you change the school lunch buying options?
- Should school sports be mandatory (everyone has to participate!)?
- Do kids watch too much television?
- Should kids have chores?
- Should students who play sports still have to take PE class?
- Should children be more concerned with what they eat so that they don’t have health problems when they get older?
- Should you get a larger allowance?
- Should school be year round with more breaks to improve education?
- Do violent games and television shows make kids violent?
- Should middle school students have cell phones?
- Should students be allowed to use cell phones at school?
Posted on Tue, May 15, 2018
by Holly Hull