Poem Assignment - 8th grade - DUE 1/25
It's time for you to write an original poem! It can be any length, any form of poetry, and about any topic!
- identify the form of poetry you have written in
- use at least TWO examples of figurative language such as:
alliteration, simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole
- Start with a brainstorm! Look around you or think of things that inspire you! It can be something simple or something deep. Make a big list of ideas and then pick one to write about, or draw a picture to help you!
- Don't forget sensory details to help the reader create an image in his or her mind!
- Remember to create "music" in your poem by using sound devices such as rhythm, meter, repetition, and rhyme.
Happy writing, poets!
Posted on Fri, January 18, 2019
by Holly Hull